For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, MK Professional Recruitment Solutions Limited (UK registration number 07699033) (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’. It is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, contact details and address) and other relevant information whenever you submit your CV and/or complete an online application form to register with us.
We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. By using this website, you will be consenting to our obtaining and processing such personal data.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us provide the service to our users.
How we may use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
— to help us provide and improve our services;
— to assist with administration;
- for statistical analysis;
- for profiling and analysing your preferences;
- for marketing purposes–see ‘Marketing and opting out‘ below;
- to assist with fraud prevention and detection;
- to answer enquiries; and,
- for security vetting.
Marketing and opting out
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we (or our business associates we may share your personal data with) may contact you by any reasonable means (including but not limited to email, telephone or letter) about matters which may be of interest to you.
If you prefer not to receive any marketing communications from us or our business associations, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights‘ below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other business associates including organisations, agents, service providers and potential employers;
- credit reference agents–see ‘Credit checking‘ below;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation relating to actual or suspected unlawful activity; and,
- our business partners and associates in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out‘ section above.
Keeping your data secure
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
To enable us to make credit decisions about you and for fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and may disclose information about you to third parties if we are required to do so by law.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and,
- give consent to the transfer and processing of his or her personal data in accordance with the Policy.
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser. This information will not usually identify you personally as tracking is on an aggregate basis.
Cookies are used for several reasons:
- to recognise you whenever you visit this website;
- to speed up access to this website;
- to store your personal preferences;
- to build a profile about you; and,
- to better target our marketing and advertising campaigns.
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee to request access to personal data which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right you should ascertain what the current fee is (we can advise) and then:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- attach a cheque for the fee made payable to MK Professional Recruitment Solutions Limited; and,
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you; and,
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable)
- provide us with enough information to identify you
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone) please specify the channel you are objecting to.
Our contact details
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or you can write to us at 1st Floor, 46-54 High Street, Ingatestone, Essex, CM4 9DW or call us on 01277 424500.