Job Reference: 887186
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
MacKenzie King are delighted to be working with a reputable, national organisation to recruit a BI Manager to lead the BI team. Reporting into the Operating Finance and Reporting Manager this role will lead and manage the BI team to deliver high quality reporting and MI to internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Implementing strategy for the BI function including reporting tools, team structure, technology and processes.
- Reviewing, implementing and improving working practices to ensure the BI team are providing exceptional service in an efficient manner whilst minimising risk.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of regulatory reporting and other changes in the reporting landscape in order to pro actively develop and evolve the reporting suite.
- Engage the Operational Team Leads to understand, document and build an MI reporting suite that provides the overview and insight required to support sound business decision making.
- Regularly review working practices/procedures to identify opportunities to improve quality and productivity, as well as reduce risk.
- Production of regular and ad-hoc Management Information for internal stakeholders including analysis of data and commentary on results.
- Responsible for the day to day management and leadership of the BI Team
- Supporting team members development by acting in a mentoring capacity alongside the completion of one to one appraisal conversations.
Governance & Risk
- Ensure that output and deliverables are compliant with and remain up to date with regulatory requirements and are adapted and amended as required in a timely manner.
- Drive improvement in the quality and timeliness of of processes and output.
You will ideally have experience of managing and leading high performance teams and significant experience of using data and reporting tools such as Power BI and SQL. A background in finance and accounting will be a definite advantage as will the ability to interpret complex written, spoken and numerical data.
Previous experience of working in a multi client environment as well as regulatory reporting within a financial services environment is desirable.
This is a hybrid role with the opportunity to work for a local business offering a good benefits package.
If you would like to talk to a consultant about this role, contact:
"If PowerBI and SQL are your language then this could be a great role for you."