Accounts Payable Assistant
MacKenzie King are excited to be recruiting an Accounts Payable Assistant for an established, global company, based in Bury St Edmunds. The successful candidate will be well versed in working within a fast-paced environment and be keen to develop within the role. The Accounts Payable Assistant will be responsible for processing all intercompany accounts relating to UK receipts, assisting the Accounts Payable Supervisor with the purchase ledger, providing accurate daily cash summaries to senior management, and carry out payment processing.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Process invoices relating to UK receipts.
- Process UK Expense claims.
- Provide cover for multi-currency and sterling payment runs.
- Assist and complete day to day tasks
- Liaise with third party suppliers to resolve any queries.
- Liaise with Purchasing department for pricing queries.
- Liaise with Operational teams for non-receipts or mismatched volumes.
- Reconcile key supplier statements.
- Provide the daily cash summary position to senior management.
- Process BACS runs and ad-hoc payments
- Produce the bank journal for vendor payments.
- Setup and maintain supplier master data
- Support the Accounts Payable Supervisor with process documentation
- Support the Accounts Payable Supervisor and Head of Group Accounting (Europe) with any continuous improvement projects.
- Assist with fraud management and prevention.
- Provide support to external auditors.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft packages: Word, Excel
- Great attention to detail
- Great organisational and inter-personal skills
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join an accommodating and flexible company. An excellent benefits package is offered with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, opt in BUPA healthcare and a cycle to work scheme to name a few.