Mackenzie King are delighted to be recruiting a Trainee Accountant for a successful accountancy firm based on the outskirts of Ipswich. This role is ideal for a AAT studying individual to develop their career further and work as part of a growing business. Dealing with business across a wide range of sectors and sizes.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Assists in the preparation of accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Works within budgets set at the planning stage.
- Working as part of a team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensures the efficient use of appropriate software packages internally and supporting clients’ accounting systems.
- Maintain up to date understanding of client’s business.
- Maintain good working relationships with client’s staff.
- Is aware of the wide range of services and spots opportunities to potentially sell those services to clients.
- Takes an active role in business development and promoting the firm in the local area.
Education and qualifications:
- Maths and English Language at GCSE or equivalent
- AAT qualification
- Experience of working within an accounts department / practice
- Experience of using Microsoft packages, email and computerised accounts packages
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing deadlines and priorities
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to network and develop contacts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Be proactive in identifying practical solutions to internal and client issues
- Be able to operate at a high level of confidentiality
In return you will have support to establish your career at a pace that suits you both personally and professionally.