Temporary Bookkeeper/Management Accountant
MacKenzie King are recruiting a temporary Bookkeeper / Management Accountant for a local Firm of Accountants based just outside of Ipswich. This will include maintaining the accounting records for those clients, providing regular management information, including Management Accounts, preparing VAT returns and EC sales lists.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To enter bookkeeping information received from clients
- To prepare monthly or quarterly management accounts
- To calculate CIS payable for those clients where relevant and making CIS submissions
- To chase clients to ensure that relevant deadlines are met in relation to VAT and CIS
- To pay suppliers and taxes as they become due and to chase debts to ensure there is sufficient money in his account to cover wages etc each week
- To bank cheques received
- To complete and send debtors schedules
- Accounts Reconciliations, calculations of relevant provisions and preparation of appropriate schedules, working papers
- Preparation & calculation of VAT returns including the responsibility of filing the VAT returns including the responsibility of filing the VAT returns at HMRC
- Compiling various correspondence to various sources including Clients, Inland Revenue, Banks & Companies House
The successful candidate will have excellent organisation skills, great attention to detail and be proficient in using Microsoft Excel to an advanced standard.