MacKenzie King are recruiting a part-qualified Tax Accountant for a global business, based on the outskirts of Colchester. As a part-qualified Tax Accountant you will take on a newly created role that has been identified in the tax function to support the existing UK corporation tax and VAT teams.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Liaise with Managers to plan data requirements for each annual compliance cycle.
- Develop a timetable for the gathering, preparation, and delivery of information required to prepare and complete a corporation tax computation within overall deadlines set by the group.
- Retrieve relevant data from the financial systems for the corporation tax computations.
- Sort and collate raw data and produce schedules for further tax analysis.
- Review data quality and deal with any deficiencies in the data provided.
- Ensure a sufficient audit trail exists between the financial systems, statutory accounts, and the corporation tax return.
- Retrieve data from the financial systems to prepare monthly or quarterly VAT returns.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly draft VAT returns.
- Field any VAT questions from the business and work with the VAT Manager to resolve.
- Post VAT journals.
- Assist with the development of the Tax Compliance Management System.
- Perform regular controls within the framework of the Tax Compliance Management System.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Part-qualified CIMA/ACCA/ATT/CTA would be desirable.
- Strong communication skills.
- SAP experience would be advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office products.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well as a part of a team.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join a successful and well known, thriving business. This role offers a flexible 37.5 hour working week, hybrid working, and a great benefits package.