MacKenzie King are delighted to be recruiting a Statutory Accountant for a well-established, world leading company, based in Witham, Essex. The successful candidate will be working within a small, centralised team responsible for the timely and accurate production of annual financial statements, regulatory reports and returns.
- To be a client service representative of Finance, maintaining regular contact with clients to provide a value-added service through process improvement and query resolution aided by close working relationships with offshore providers.
- Review and production of annual financial statements, including liaison with external auditors during the course of their annual audit.
- Corporation tax and deferred tax calculations for group reporting and agreeing to local returns.
- Technical accounting query resolution and ad-hoc investigations/analysis as and when required.
- Preparation and control of legal entity quarterly forecasts for allocated countries and companies.
- Production of monthly/quarterly/annual regulatory and governmental reports.
- Produce consolidated financial statements.
- Assisting with monitoring company balance sheets to ensure any foreign exchange exposure is kept to a minimum.
- Pro-actively suggest improvements and develop best practices within Finance to improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency and added value of the services provided.
- Experience of Practice Accounting
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results to short timescales.
- Excellent IT Skills (including Excel and Word)
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent or close to qualification
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain clear lines of communication with various internal and external stakeholders
- Accuracy with good attention to detail and ability to check work of self and others
- Flexible and team player – develops close partnerships with onshore and offshore colleagues
- Relevant exposure to Statutory reporting gained by working in a financial services environment
- Experience of IFRS and US GAAP