Senior Financial Accountant needed for new IFRS standard Implementation – South Kent
This a superb and exciting opportunity to play an instrumental role in the implementation of the new IFRS standard and also assist with the development/improvement of reporting.
Overall purpose of the role:
To assist the Head of Finance in the implementation of the new IFRS 16 standard and also assist in improving processes and procedures in relation to annual reporting. This will also involve liaising with the GFC and external auditors (KPMG) and working with the Group Financial Reporting team to ensure recommended changes are approved. This is a pivotal role and they are looking for someone from a large PLC background who has had similar experience.
Ideally ACA 3 years + PQE or equivalent
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Extensive experience of producing plc statutory reports and accounts for large listed organisations
• Extensive experience of accounting under/and implementing IFRS
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and tight timelines • Ability to deal with several conflicting priorities and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to get on with a range of different types of people at different levels of seniority, with confidence
- Excellent personal effectiveness skills, including time management and prioritisation
- Able to work on own initiative with a high degree of autonomy
- Flexibility – being able to cope with changing demands, amending priorities appropriately and having the ability to manage change
- Self-confidence and positive approach, with a ‘get the job done’ approach
- Team working – the ability to work constructively and effectively in a cross functional team
- Professional / ethical / confidential
The role will initially be on a 4 month contract with a view to the role becoming permanent.