MacKenzie King are delighted to be recruiting a Senior Accountant for a global business with an enviable reputation in their market. As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for leading, supporting and performing accounting processes within the Record to Report team to ensure that complete and accurate accounting records are maintained and appropriate financial information is readily available for both internal and external customers of the finance function.
This is a newly created role and as a Senior Accountant your key accountabilities will be:
Migration of work
- Fully understand and document the systems and processes within the Business Services team and the Underwriting team.
- Plan, manage and execute the migration of the work to the Record to Close team in a way that does not affect BAU.
Business as Usual
- Lead and perform the processes to control, update and maintain the General Ledger accounting records for the business, thereby enabling the production of complete and accurate internal and external reports.
- Define and provide financial information, analysis, interpretation and support to customers.
- Lead the implementation of IFRS 17 Accounting standards for reinsurance accounting.
You will be a qualified Accountant with a background in a larger business and have a very good understanding of process management and re engineering. You will thrive in an environment which allows you to meet new people, influence others and work part of a wider team. You will also have the ability to set your own priorities and work independently.
This role offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work from home/ in the office on a permanent basis.