MacKenzie King are representing a modern and dynamic financial services organisation in Ipswich in the recruitment of a Finance Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Accountant looking to make their first move out of practice into industry into a varied and progressive management role.
Duties will include:
- Management, mentoring and development of the financial reporting and client finance teams
- Responsibility for delivery of full & complete processing and reconciliations of client transactions.
- Responsibility for timely and accurate delivery of Financial Reporting Packs and general ledger reports to clients for use in their own accounting records & statutory reporting.
- Responsibility for the delivery of investor reports to Trustees & other 3rd parties as required.
- Ensuring the support of client and internal audits, provision of data to auditors, responding to queries as appropriate.
- Representing the Financial Reporting Team in internal changes, cross-team and external client related change projects.
- Oversee external client audits to schedule in work, oversee the provision of audit evidence, resolve queries and review and contribute to audit findings.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the performance of the Client Finance and Financial Reporting functions through the optimisation/automation of processes, controls and systems. Performance management, training & leadership of teams to ensure development of strong finance professionals.
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- 2 + years post qualification experience in senior finance role
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Audit background either from practice role or leading a business through audit on a regular basis.
- Experience with working with senior stakeholders and dealing with complex queries.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet set objectives in tight timescales.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
- Aptitude to multi task and be highly adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to make their first move into industry into a broad role managing a finance team. The company offers a generous benefits package including 25 days holiday, company pension scheme and holiday buy option.