Purchase Ledger Administrator 12 Month FTC
MacKenzie King are excited to be recruiting a Purchase Ledger Administrator for an international business, based in Ipswich. Reporting in to the Lead Accountant, you will assist in the effective running of the purchase ledger and the provision of an effective service to colleagues and suppliers. You will need strong communication skills, great attention to detail, and a good understanding of MS packages.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process purchase invoices / self-bills for payment, generate cheques/bacs and ensure that these are settled in accordance with stated terms.
- Resolve queries with suppliers and internal personnel.
- Assist in the recording of all third party invoices received.
- Assist in maintaining effective records and controls of all prepayments for goods not yet delivered.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining all direct debit payments.
- Assist in ensuring that all contract confirmation information is accurately confirmed.
- Assist with the effective storage and archiving of Company documents.
- Prepare administration / financial information as requested.
- Responsible for the accuracy of work carried out.
- Ensure that when set, timescales / deadlines are met.
- Develop a sound working relationship with all internal personnel and departments of the Company.
- Always project a good image of the Company.
- Operate in accordance with the Company’s Quality System and Codes of Practice to ensure that all relevant documentation complies with these systems/schemes.
- Undertake other duties at the request of the Lead Accountant / Finance Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity within a supportive business for a candidate looking to start a career in finance.