Progressive Assistant Management Accountant – Excellent Benefits Package
If you are looking to work for an organisation that can offer support and career development, then read on!
This award-winning organisation is looking to hire either a graduate wishing to embark on a career in finance or finance professionals progressing through studies of a recognised Finance qualification.
Under the guidance of the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for different aspects of work within the Finance department including preparation and analysis in either the financial and/or management aspects of the business, and reporting of financial performance.
They offer an excellent benefits package that include: Study support; life assurance; pension; discounts on services and concessions for holidays/travel.
The primary tasks of the role are
- Production of actual and forecast management accounts for Group and work towards challenging inputs from these areas to facilitate more accurate forecasting.
- Production of accruals and prepayments and general ledger journals relating to Group.
- Provide operational financial support for the business units above.
- Management of the Group fixed asset register to include: management of the capital expenditure authorisation request (CAER) process; the posting of the monthly depreciation journal; processing of IT staff and contractor timesheets in relation to capital projects and monthly reforecasts of capital expenditure.
- Assist in the annual five-year planning and budget process.
- Calculate and manage the annual management recharges.
- Establish relevant and timely communication with internal and external customers to ensure that performance standards are met.
Who/What they are looking for:
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- The role of Assistant Management Accountant is progressive, with the expectation that the role holder will develop within the role and through the various levels of a Finance qualification.
- A strong numerical background and advanced MS Excel skills (to include the Pivot tables and Vlookup formulas).
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level (in a relevant subject) or currently studying for an accountancy qualification (AAT/ CIMA / ACCA or ACA).
- Possesses a professional manner.
- Good academic background.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Understand the importance of deadlines and be willing to work towards achieving them.
- Possesses drive and determination to succeed and be willing to challenge existing processes.
- Confident and clear communicator.