Mackenzie King are currently recruiting a Payroll Supervisor to join a large organisation, based on the outskirts of Ipswich. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, as a Payroll Supervisor you will work effectively as a part of a team to carry out clerical duties and assist with the effective administration of Payroll.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the control processes including uploading data and running the payroll system.
- Supervise payroll production, ensuring that information entered into the payroll system is accurate, complete, and timely.
- Arrange payment to third parties for statutory and voluntary deductions from payroll.
- Ensure monthly submissions to HMRC are filed accurately and on time.
- Provide advice on conditions of service and statutory deductions e.g. income tax, pensions, and national insurance.
- Assist with the correspondence/reports with internal and external bodies in respect of pay information.
- Provide support for employees with regards to pension enquiries in conjunction with pension administrators.
- Provide support and guidance to the Payroll Assistants.
- Any other relevant ad-hoc duties as requested by management.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to be autonomous and use initiative.
- Experience working in a payroll transactional environment.
- Proven experience of supervising staff.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- CIPP qualification would be desirable.
This is a great opportunity to join a supportive organisation that offers a flexible and hybrid working pattern. You would also have access to a great benefits package.