MacKenzie King are delighted to be recruiting a Payroll Officer for a leading company in Southend-on-Sea.
This role reports to the Payroll Manager and is mainly concerned with the accurate and timely payment of salaries in accordance with terms and conditions of employment, together with the payment of statutory liabilities such as PAYE and NIC collection. This is achieved using a computerised HRIS, currently SAP.
- Working as part of a team to facilitate the accurate input and validation of all payroll information to the payroll system, ensuring that salaries are successfully processed within strict deadlines.
- To ensure all appropriate statutory and non-statutory deductions are applied to salary payments.
- To play a key role within the Payroll team in the implementation of new legislation such as Pensions Auto Enrolment and any changes to the way HMRC define PAYE schemes need to be operated.
- To assist with the preparation of the weekly expense payments using the ERP (SAP) system.
- To assist with the timely rectification of any pay errors arising and ensure appropriate recording for statistical analysis and business process improvement purposes.
- Completing third party enquiries from outside bodies such as rental agencies, CSA, legal firms etc. by letter, phone or email.
- Assisting with the electronic despatch of payslips, P60s, etc.
- Assisting with the completion and despatch of P11ds and any other payroll related material.
- Compilation and maintenance of employee records using an electronic filing system.
- Dealing with payroll related enquiries from colleagues to conclusion ensuring a high level of customer care and service delivery.
- To work as a fully integrated member of the team, establishing good rapport, helping and supporting other team members whenever appropriate.
- To assist Employee Relations colleagues with general enquiries and duties when required.
- To assist with system testing that arises as a result of configuration to the payroll system or the year-end patching, etc.
- To assist with any project work involving payroll-related topics.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role as requested by the Payroll Manager.
- 2-3 years’ payroll experience.
- Able to use Microsoft Office package to intermediate level.
- Experience of an ERP system.
- CIP accreditation such as National Payroll Certificate would be advantageous.
- SAP experience and knowledge.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and numeracy skills. You will have strong organisation, planning and communication skills and excel at problem analysis and problem solving. The ability to work well as part of a team is essential.
If you think this role could be the next step in your payroll / finance career, please get in touch.