Payroll Accounts Assistant
MacKenzie King are delighted to be recruiting a Payroll Accounts Assistant to join a fantastic organisation, based in Ipswich, on a 14 month fixed term contract (minimum). The primary purpose of this role is to undertake all monthly payroll functions, followed by financial transaction processing and reconciliation duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out payroll processing in line with regulations, investigating and responding to any queries or questions raised.
- Monitoring payroll emails and responding as appropriate.
- Assist with compliance in relation to payroll and ensure pension contributions are paid and information is maintained with providers.
- Manual calculations of tax, NI, and pensions contributions, where necessary.
- Calculating furlough claims, including submission to HMRC.
- Ensure financial accuracy and time sensitive actions are carried out within deadlines.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of the financial information for inclusion in monthly management reports, and preparing and investigating reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of year end reconciliations and compiling of supporting documentation for auditors.
- To be an effective and fully participating member of the finance team.
- To work within the organisation’s values, policies and procedures.
Skills & Attributes:
- Previous experience of running payroll and completing HMRC returns.
- Experience of using accounting and payroll software.
- Ability to calculate/check payroll manually.
- AAT studier or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to manage own workload pro-actively.
- Team player attitude.
- Good understanding of confidentiality.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join an accommodating and flexible organisation with a family feel. An excellent benefits package is offered with 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, 20 days sick pay, access to a discount scheme, and more.