Part Time Accounting Assistant
MacKenzie King are recruiting a Part Time Accounting Assistant for a well establish shipping company based on the outskirts of Ipswich. This role would ideally suit someone who has experience of working in accounting, with some exposure to accounts payable , accounts receivable and journal entries. Flexible working hours, open to 3 days a week or mornings only.
- Perform supplier statement reconciliations, liaise with internal staff to resolve adhoc issues
- Perform daily accounts receivable reconciliations and related tasks
- Maintain bank accounts held in the UK, including monthly reconciliations to deadlines
- Perform monthly reconciliations and analysis of certain nominal ledgers
- Provide occasional cover for team members absence with processing of purchase invoices, expenses and banking in line with group procedures.
- Complete monthly reports general ledger reports
- Assist Accounting Manager with monthly, quarterly and biannual reporting
- Assist in maintaining accounting records for UK companies.
Skills & Experience:-
- AAT qualified or QBE
- Work as part of a close team and independently as required.
- Has excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure when required.
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting software would be advantageous especially SAP
- Experience with payments and banking software would be advantageous including HSBC.
- Computer literate in Excel
If this role sounds like it could be the next step in your career, please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss it further.