MacKenzie King are delighted to be recruiting a Management Accountant for a successful and rapidly growing organisation in Sudbury to join their lean finance team. Reporting directly into the Head of Finance, you will play a pivotal role in providing relevant and timely financial and management information to meet the ever-growing needs of the business. This new role requires a confident individual with the ability to take a “hands-on” approach for accounting/reporting across the entire business as they drive the necessary changes to current processes and procedures to deliver succinct and timely management reporting and analysis.
Duties will include:
- Monthly management accounts preparation for the Group, split by division ensuring commentary on variances is accurate and useful. Currently management accounts are prepared on a quarterly basis and your focus will be the transition to monthly reporting. This will include evaluating, interpreting and investigating the cause of any material variances.
- Preparation and reporting of budgets and forecasts, working with each division to interrogate and challenge their financial performance
- Design, implement and maintain KPI dashboards for all companies within the group to support decision making
- Responsible for addressing queries from the leadership team including producing ad hoc analysis including sales and gross margin analysis
- Aid the Head of Finance in the preparation of analysis and recommendations on strategic plans and projects
- Manage the year end close and reporting
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the performance of the finance function and internal controls through the evaluation and optimisation of systems and processes
- Ad hoc project work
- Develop and maintain relationships across the business
- Deputise for the Head of Finance in their absence
- An experienced management accountant who has proven ability to create management information to help the business grow and aid operational decisions.
- A flexible approach to their work with a good mix of initiative and teamwork and a “cando” attitude.
- Fully qualified would be a preference, but also part qualified and qualified by experience will be considered.
- Ambitious, with a good attention to detail and an ability to challenge how and why things are done.
- Good interpersonal skills are a must as you will need to explain numbers and trends to Non-Finance Managers, as well as engaging with Shareholders, Directors and Senior Managers
- Advanced Excel skills are a necessity as we introduce new reporting models as well as strong numerical and analytical skills, together with an inquiring mind and the ability to dig into the detail.
The company is a modern, growing organisation with a very commercial approach. The role would suit someone who wants to work in such an environment and has the ability to be adaptable and enjoy both a BAU and project environment. The core office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Employee Benefits include Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Death in Service, Critical Illness, Income Protection, 23 days Annual Leave Plus Bank Holidays and an optional Holiday Buy Scheme.