HR Advisor – 6 months plus – Sidcup
This leading organisation based in Sidcup, is looking for a confident HR professional, able to demonstrate extensive technical knowledge and capability within a demanding, fast paced customer focused environment. They are particularly keen to find someone who is very experienced with regards to Employee Relations. The role will report to the HR Business Partner and you will have the support of a HR Assistant.
They are looking for someone to start ASAP so unfortunately anyone with a notice period of longer than 1 week may be discounted. The role initially will; be for 6 months but there is every possibility that the role may become permanent.
Purpose: To support delivery of the HR service, partnering people managers across the business. Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to maximise ‘people management’ performance and minimise employee relations disputes.
Key Responsibilities / Deliverables:
1. To support delivery of the HR programme in accordance with the directorate plan and organisational values, to achieve organisational strategic objectives while having regard for the highest levels of customer service at all times. Working with the business to maximise performance and minimise employee relations disputes. Support the business to increase ER capability across management teams.
2. Support Business Partners with change where appropriate, facilitating restructures and ensuring that formal consultation and redundancy processes are carried out in accordance with policy and employment law.
3. Provide proactive HR advice and guidance to business managers and colleagues. Advise managers on management of staff absence and performance. Coach Managers through management of disciplinary and grievance cases.
4. To support the delivery of the recruitment and appointment process across the organisation, ensuring the commissioning of resources is compliant with relevant policy, having regard for financial strength at all times. Partnering the business and recruitment team throughout the hiring process.
5. Support the management team to implement the HR Plan, delivering against individual objectives in accordance with project timelines.
6. Develop sustainable, effective relationships with relevant stakeholders across the business, enabling a compliant, customer focused, cost effective service to support the business to achieve corporate objectives.
7. To support the management team in the reporting of key performance indicators.
8. To undertake any other duties commensurate with grading, function or role.
9. Ensure HR policies are relevant up to date and communicated and applied consistently across all areas. Advice and coach managers and employees on the fair and consistent application of these maintain all relevant records and systems.