Group Financial Controller
MacKenzie King are recruiting a Group Financial Controller for a successful and growing group of businesses on the outskirts of Woodbridge. Reporting into the Managing Director you will be responsible for leading the Accounts team and managing all aspects of financial control and reporting whilst supporting the long term profitable growth objectives of the business.
You will work with department managers to help set budgets and provide ongoing reporting, challenge and feedback to ensure the business has full transparency and control. As part of a growing business you will be encouraged to initiate and implement new processes and ways of working to ensure the financial operating effectiveness of the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and controlling the company’s annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met and financial and statutory regulations are complied with.
- Ensuring timely and accurate delivery of financial information to include weekly reports, monthly/quarterly/annual management accounts, budgets and forecasts.
- The administration of the company’s financial assets to include cost control and development/implementation of cost reduction strategies.
- Supporting the Managing Director in investigating new business ventures and reviewing capital investment plans.
- Providing financial advice and guidance to the company’s managers and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives.
- Ensuring the company complies with all relevant statutory financial procedures, regulations and reporting.
- The management and development of the finance team and coaching/training as appropriate.
You will be a qualified accountant with a sound and proven track record of effectively managing the financial aspects of a business. You will be able to demonstrate experience of working within a busy commercial environment and managing multiple projects within tight time scales. Experience of working within an agricultural/manufacturing/SME would be an advantage but not essential as would be having used Sage 50 Accounting System.
This is a great opportunity to work for a business with a growth agenda and an apetite to scale up. The role will suit somebody with an enquiring mind, drive, energy and an ambitious outlook.