As the Financial Controller, you will work together with the leadership team to ensure the company’s financial health. Based near Woodbridge in Suffolk, you will be responsible for leading the Accounts team and managing all aspects of financial control and reporting; while supporting the long-term profitable growth objectives of the business.
You will work with department managers to help set budgets and provide ongoing reporting, challenge and feedback to ensure the business has full transparency and control.
As part of a growing business you will be expected to be able to initiate and implement new processes and ways of working to ensure our financial operating effectiveness.
- Contribute to the achievement of the company’s business objectives by providing insightful financial information to the board.
- Develop and control the company’s annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met, and financial and statutory regulations complied with.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company.
- The management and development of existing staff within the finance team and the monitoring of individual performance, providing support and guidance as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of financial information – to include Weekly Reports, Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Management Accounts, Budgets and Forecasts, relevant indicators of business performance (KPI’s).
- Evolve budgeting models to allow for various scenarios, sensitivity analysis and rolling forecasts.
- Provide financial information to the company’s managers and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives.
You will be a key member of the team, reporting directly to the Managing Director and working alongside other senior managers and key stakeholders, including external partners e.g. banks, solicitors, auditors, insurers and HMRC.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), with a sound and proven ability to effectively manage the production of monthly and year-end accounts.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills, good attention to detail and the ability to manage workload and multiple priorities.
- Strong understanding of effective systems, controls and processes within SME’s and the ability to implement change to these as needed.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate and support the existing finance team through continued business growth.
In return you will enjoy a flexible working environment, 23 days holiday and the opportunity to play a key part in a successful management team.