MacKenzie King are delighted to be working with a successful local organisation to recruit a Financial Controller, responsible for managing the finance team and ensuring effective and efficient control of company finances at all times. Reporting into the Managing Director you will play a pivotal in providing relevant and timely financial and management information to meet the ever-growing needs of the business. This role requires a confident individual with the ability to take a “hands on” approach for accounting/reporting across our business as we drive the necessary changes to current processes and procedures to deliver succinct and timely management reporting and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly management accounts preparation, split by division ensuring commentary on variances is accurate and useful. This will include evaluating, interpreting and investigating the cause of any material variances.
- Preparation and reporting of budgets and forecasts, working with the management team to interrogate and challenge their financial performance.
- Design, implement and maintain KPI dashboards to support decision making.
- Responsible for addressing queries from the leadership team including producing ad hoc analysis including sales and gross margin analysis.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the performance of the finance function and internal controls through the evaluation and optimisation of processes.
- Ensure cash-flow is maintained to support the business.
- Ensure wages/salaries are completed on a monthly basis.
- Prepare the year-end audit file to ensure that all information is ready and available in time for audits.
You will be an experienced accountant who has proven ability to create management information to help the business grow and aid operational decisions. You will be ambitious, with a good attention to detail and an ability to challenge how and why things are done.