MacKenzie King is delighted to be recruiting a Financial Controller within an innovative, and competitive business based in Ipswich. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will play a pivotal role in providing relevant and timely financial, and management information to meet the ever-growing needs of the business.
This exciting role would suit a confident individual with the ability to take a “hands-on” approach for accounting/reporting across the business – driving the necessary changes to current processes and procedures, to deliver succinct and timely management reporting and analysis.
Duties will include:
- Monthly management accounts preparation for the UK, split by division ensuring commentary on variances is accurate and useful. This will include evaluating, interpreting, and investigating the cause of any material variances.
- Preparation and reporting of budgets and forecasts, working with division managers to interrogate and challenge their financial performance.
- Design, implement, and maintain KPI dashboard to support decision making.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all transactions are processed in accordance with the company’s operating methods (to include purchase and sales order processing, payroll, all-cash transactions, and transactions with employees).
- Contribute to the achievement of the company’s business objectives by providing advice on financial strategy.
- The administration of the company’s financial assets – to include cost control and development/implementation of cost reduction strategies.
- Evolve budgeting models to allow for various scenarios, sensitivity analysis, and rolling forecasts.
- Manage, develop, and mentor Finance Assistant.
- Responsible for addressing queries from the leadership team including producing ad hoc analysis including sales and gross margin analysis.
- Aid the Managing Director in preparing analysis and recommendations on strategic plans and projects.
- Manage the year-end close and reporting including liaison with auditors.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the performance of the finance function and internal controls through the evaluation and optimisation of processes.
- Ad hoc project work including automation of current processes.
- Ensure the company complies with all relevant statutory financial procedures, regulations, and reporting.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies, and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company.
- Develop and maintain relationships across the business.
- An experienced management accountant/financial controller who has proven ability to create management information to help the business grow and aid operational decisions.
- A flexible approach to their work with a good mix of initiative and teamwork and a “can do” attitude.
- Ambitious, with good attention to detail and an ability to challenge how and why things are done.
- Good interpersonal skills are a must as you will need to explain numbers and trends to Non-Finance Managers, as well as engaging with Directors and Senior Managers
- Advanced Excel skills are a necessity as we introduce new reporting models as well as strong numerical and analytical skills, together with an inquiring mind and the ability to dig into the detail.
This is a great career opportunity for the right candidate, to have a positive impact within a modern, growing organisation that prides itself on its forward-thinking commercial approach.