Financial & Consolidation Accountant – opportunity to work from home
MacKenzie King are currently recruiting a Financial and Consolidations Accountant for a leading financial services business to be based in their prestigious headquarters in central London. Reporting into the Senior Finance Operations Manager you will work within the finance team and be responsible for both the quarterly consolidation process as well as the accounting for all transactions affecting the corporate entities, managing agency and corporate members. This role is location independent and could be home based work from home.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- The accounting of transactions in the relevant ledgers of managing agency and corporate entities.
- Preparation of account reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet and profit and loss account items.
- Managerial responsibility for 1 team member.
- Liaison with investment accounting provider.
- Liaison with both internal and external auditors
- Review and improvement of systems and processes.
- Maintenance of a sound system of internal controls.
You will be a qualified accountant and ideally have trained within a national firm of accountants. You will have working knowledge of consolidation processes and procedures and also of reporting requirements imposed by UK GAAP and IFRS.
You will be able to deliver results under tight deadlines, showing flexibility when required and have a strong sense of accountability and ownership. You will also be a self starter requiring minimum supervision with the ability to solve problems and find solutions.
This is a great career opportunity for the right candidate to have a very positive impact within a finance team and offers the opportunity to work with like minded people in a leading business.
This role can be based from home and is location independent.