MacKenzie King are working in partnership with an innovative Tech firm with an impressive client base that are looking to recruit a Financial Controller. Reporting directly into the Board, your role will be pivotal to the continued success of this growing organisation. Your focus will be both controllership of the companies finances and commercial support and challenge of the senior management team to increase profitability.
Your role will involve the management and development of a small finance team. As a proven man manager, your efforts will go towards coaching and mentoring the team. You will ensure that all deadlines are met, transactions processed and controls are in place.
Duties will include:
- Provision of management information including monthly flash reporting, management accounting and KPI production.
- Development of the full suite of financial reporting and KPI’s.
- Statutory accounting.
- Maintaining compliance with the year end reporting timetable.
- Preparation of draft budgets annually with the senior management team.
- Production of cashflow forecasts.
- Maintaining rolling forecasts.
- Improve working capital management practices to maximise cash.
- Final sign off of the monthly payroll.
- Drive business change programmes and system developments.
You will be a fully qualified accountant (or equivalent) with a high level of organisational skill and an ability to work across multiple disciplines. You will impose internal disciplines across the whole company and challenge line managers particularly around the areas of income and profit recognition and margin performance. This is a unique opportunity to lead the finances for a small and growing local Tech firm and play a key role in the future success of the business.