MacKenzie King are delighted to be recruiting an experienced Financial Accountant for a leading Suffolk-based company.
Working alongside the CFO, the Financial Accountant will complete the month-end close and produce timely Management Accounts for the Directors and Senior Managers, as well as assisting the CFO with the introduction and evaluation of internal controls and processes. Responsible for all Financial Accounting at our head office and deputising for the CFO as required, this is a busy, ‘hands-on’ role, working with staff at all levels across several departments, so good communication skills are vital.
ResponsibilitiesSpecific duties include:
- Manage Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Treasury functions.
- Detailed monthly sales analysis for inclusion in the Management Accounts and monthly reconciliation to underlying data contained in the Nominal Ledger.
- Generate accurate Sales Manager monthly commission reports and reconcile to the Management Accounts data.
- Lease accounting.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Registers.
- Develop quarterly Management Accounts, working with CFO and stakeholders to provide succinct reports.
- Monthly payrolls for salaried employees, payroll reconciliations and submissions to HMRC and submitting annual P11ds.
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns.
- Prepare and submit all Intrastat and other government statistical returns.
- Maintain detailed analysis and reconciliations of Directors' Current and Loan Accounts.
- Control and reconcile the intercompany accounts, ensuring all necessary paperwork has been processed and the accounts are in sync at month-end.
- Prepare various month-end journal entries.
- Manage month-end close routines for all the financial ledgers.
- Produce comprehensive Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist CFO and external auditors in preparation of Statutory Accounts.
- Various ad hoc duties and projects.