Financial Accountant – South Kent
This a superb and exciting opportunity to play an instrumental role in supporting the implementation of the new IFRS standard and also assist with the development/improvement of reporting.
Overall purpose of the role:
To assist the Head of Finance and a Senior Financial Accountant in the implementation of the new IFRS 16 Leases standard for year end 31 January 2019, as well as delivering on a variety of Internal Financial Control improvements which have been identified across Finance.
Reporting into the Head of Finance within the Group team, the role will also involve assisting on improving the monthly processes within 3 subsidiaries.
ACA/ACCA or Finalist Level
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience of accounting under/and implementing IFRS
- Extensive experience of financial controls and processes
- Experience of accounting systems, (including TM1 and Controller, would be advantageous)
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and tight timelines
- Ability to deal with several conflicting priorities and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to get on with a range of different types of people at different levels of seniority, with confidence
- Excellent personal effectiveness skills, including time management and prioritisation
- Able to work on own initiative with a high degree of autonomy
- Flexibility – being able to cope with changing demands, amending priorities appropriately and having the ability to manage change
- Self-confidence and positive approach, with a ‘get the job done’ approach
- Team working – the ability to work constructively and effectively in a cross functional team
- Professional / ethical / confidential
The role will be initially on a temp/contract basis with a view to the role becoming permanent