MacKenzie King are supporting a leading regional logistics firm in the recruitment of a Finance Director. As Finance Director you will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Finance team, ensuring effective and efficient control of both finances and IT systems. You will also be a key member of the Senior Executive Team in a growth business with a high-performance culture working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, responsible for the delivery of the company’s long-term vision, reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- Day to day leadership and management of the Finance team in line with agreed company objectives
- Responsibility for five staff
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of financial information – to include weekly reports and monthly management accounts
- Contribute to the achievement of the company’s business objectives by providing advice on financial strategy
- Build budgeting models to allow for various scenarios, sensitivity analysis and rolling forecasts
- Delivery/commentary of KPI information and relevant indicators of business performance to the Senior Leadership Team
- To produce and utilise financial information to identify areas of the business that can be improved for the profit benefit of the business.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all transactions are processed in accordance with the company’s operating procedures
- Administration of the company’s financial assets – to include cost control and development/implementation of cost reduction strategies
- Development of the company’s processes and systems
- Preparation of year end accounts and liaising with auditors for sign off and submission to Companies House
- Lead point of contact for banks and other lenders, auditors and HMRC
- Source and negotiate asset funding and other financial services agreements
- Contribute to the development and growth of the senior leadership team
You will be a fully qualified accountant with previous experience in a leadership role with a flexible and agile mindset. As a strategic individual, your drive and ambition will support the continued growth of the organisation.