MacKenzie King are excited to be recruiting a Finance Assistant for one of East Anglia’s largest family owned businesses, based on the outskirts of Ipswich. As a Finance Assistant you will assist the Finance Manager and Senior Accounts Assistant in managing, processing, and troubleshooting the day to day financial activity of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process and prepare financial and business reports for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases etc.
- Posting and authorising of purchase invoices and credit notes and raising Purchase Orders using Sage Line 50.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested.
- Reconcile supplier statements and draft supplier payment runs.
- Process and reconcile Petty Cash ledger and expense and credit card accounts.
- Create, forward, and follow up sales invoices.
- Credit Control to ensure timely receipt of overdue monies.
- Assist with preparation of payroll payments for employees, including Pension and HMRC submissions.
- Answer queries and provide assistance to customers and clients as required.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Experience of working in a finance setting or studying towards AAT.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of Excel.
- Sage experience would be preferred.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a forward thinking business that will provide support and progression opportunities.