MacKenzie King are pleased to be recruiting a full-time Finance Assistant to join an established team of 3. The role is ideal for candidates with previous experience of working in a small business, with insurance knowledge being a benefit, but not considered essential.
- Input of purchase invoices (30 invoices per month) & provide monthly payment run for review.
- Posting daily receipts onto Insurance systems.
- Managing Nominal Ledgers including monthly reconciliations.
- Input of journals into accounting software.
- Office account bank reconciliation and review other bank reconciliations.
- Monthly payroll duties including RTI and auto-enrolment (training will be given).
- Raising of ad hoc non-insurance invoices.
- Processing business expenses.
- Prepare monthly P&L report including handling accruals and prepayments.
- Completing the year-end analysis and assisting with Audit schedules.
- Monitoring Insurance system ledgers for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source.
- Assist with the maintaining and reconciling insurer accounts, including resolution of queries and deal with problems.
Skills & Experience:
- Attention to detail and produce work of a high standard.
- Ability to solve problems using a common sense approach.
- Able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Qualifications – to AAT standard (QBE equivalent will be considered).
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs at A- C grade, including Mathematics and English.
- Strong excel skills are important and experience of using accounting software would be expected.
- Genuine interest and support in career development.
- Holidays: 21 days per year pro-rata, increasing by 1 day for each year of service, to a maximum of 26 – in addition to Bank Holidays.
- Free car parking facilities.
- Approachable and friendly management style.
- Opportunity to win a day off work each month and weekly dress down day.
- Company pension scheme.
- Newly refurbished staff room with free fruit, tea and coffee.
If this role sounds like it could be the next step in your Accounting career, please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss it further.