Corporation Tax Professional
MacKenzie King are currently seeking a Corporation Tax Professional to work for a global business based in Ipswich. This company prides itself on holding an uncompromising approach to business, whilst constantly striving for excellence. Reporting into the Head of Corporate Tax this role will play a major part within the department and offers the opportunity to work in a busy and enthusiastic in-house tax team within a large multinational group of companies.
This role will be based in the office for part of the week with an opportunity to work from home and flexibility.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Ensure for designated companies that appropriate analysis is completed to support corporate and other tax compliance obligations
- Analyse the tax position for designated areas of work to provide timely and accurate tax reporting
- Support the provision of a corporate tax advisory service in respect of designated companies
- Provide general tax advice to particular areas of the business and help to maintain the profile of Group Tax
- Develop self and contribute to team motivation
- Contribute to projects by providing analysis and advice and identifying the financial impact of proposed actions on relevant areas of the business
The successful candidate will be:
- Fully or partially tax or accountancy qualified
- Current corporation tax experience
- Commercial/practical approach to the application of tax knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy of reporting; delivery, timescales and quality
- Achievement of agreed deadlines and service standards
- Quality of advisory support provided
Strong research skills are necessary to enable the jobholder to exercise judgement in areas where the tax position is not always clear cut and the tax risks have to be assessed when giving advice.
Good communications skills are vital, as consultation within the Tax team and with other areas of the business, is key to the role being carried out successfully.
The company offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.