Head of FP&A – Luxury Brand
MacKenzie King are recruiting a Head of FP&A for a luxury brand who have enjoyed impressive growth over the last five years. Its management team and its owners intend to sustain this momentum, and are making significant investments in the business to do so.
Key to this growth strategy are people. One important addition to the team will be the newly created “FP&A Accountant” role, reporting directly to the FD.
- Drive the commercial profitability of the business by providing clarity and transparency around performance with insightful analysis provided in structured and impactful ways
- Act as a key point of contact for external financial relationships of the business under the direction of the Finance Director
- Review business cases for all new commercial decisions, including recommendations to the Board
- Provide financial modelling and scenario analysis, such as those related to new customer acquisition activities and customer profitability by marketing channel
- Support the FD in ensuring both “BAU” and project-related departmental decisions are made within the context of sound financial control
- Provide relevant commentary for variances to plan or budget as required
- Support in the completing of the monthly board report and putting together the annual budget
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the performance of the FP&A function through the optimisation of processes
- Lead the business planning and rolling forecast process, in adherence with company timetables, allowing sufficient time for the business to complete required inputs
Skills and Experience:
- A qualified or qualified by experience accountant with relevant experience in a forward thinking and fast paced business.
- Energy and drive to innovate rather than replicate
- Enjoy communicating with not just senior stakeholders but the wider business, and thrive in a flat structure
- Experience and the appetite for improving and streamlining systems and processes
- An “owner not employee” mindset, looking out for what’s best for the business in aspects beyond your own remit
The business is a highly adaptable, fast paced, growing organisation with a very commercial approach and a people-oriented mindset. The role would suit someone who wants to work in such an environment: building relationships, adapting quickly, and enjoying delivering both the “BAU” as well as key additional projects.
The role will involve working from home with travel to the Ipswich office twice a week.