Assistant Accountant (Maternity Cover)
MacKenzie King are recruiting an Assistant Accountant for a prestigious organisation in the Colchester area. This is a maternity cover position, expected to last for approximately 15 months.
This position is within a specific accounting team responsible for all payments, reconciliations and financial reporting within the department dealing with a wide range of internal departments and individuals.
Regular processing of payment runs on ledgers and associated tasks including:
- Collating payment run paperwork for signing.
- Producing remittances/invoices/payment request forms.
- Reconciling amount payable.
- Liaising with other internal teams.
Additional duties include:
- Dealing with queries from other departments and external staff and clients.
- Assisting with areas of system development.
- Working within a team to ensure VAT Self-billing programme is up to date and accurate.
- Making adjustments to opening balances and multiple ledgers.
- Checking accuracy of computations input by others.
- Ownership of several Balance Sheet Accounts on ledgers.
- Lead role in external third party audits.
- Dealing with Period End Checking/Statement queries.
- Manual statement production.
- Lead role in Month End Accrual computation.
- Providing cover for Accounts Team Leader.
- Analysing divisional provisions.
- Reconciliation of P&L Account.
- Training other Accounts Assistants to provide cover on certain tasks.
- Other ad hoc work, where necessary.
The ideal candidate will ideally be working towards an ACCA/CIMA qualification, will have excellent organisation skills and be competent using Excel.
Strong attention to detail and good communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Please contact us for more information if you think you could be the right person for this opportunity.