Assistant Director of Finance – 2 year fixed term contract
MacKenzie-King are delighted to be recruiting an Assistant Director of Finance in the north Essex area, to join an impressive public sector organisation.
- Management of finance processing, payroll and finance managers/business partners.
- Responsibility for change management in the Finance and Pay department.
- To ensure that the annual Treasury Management Policy review is carried out and associated cash/investment decisions are monitored effectively.
- To scrutinise monitoring activity of actual spend against budget. This will include business as usual, projects and regular forecasting.
- To play an active role in budget setting as required.
- To update the Medium-Term Financial Plan on a routine basis.
- To play a key role in the annual year-end accounts process in accordance with the Code of Practice for Local Authority accounting. This includes, assessing and advising the Authority on any changes in regulation and ensuring planning the process to produce the Accounts including preparation for audit.
- Managing relationship with key stakeholders, internal and external. This to include audit.
- Develop, implement and deliver strategies for the Finance and Pay department to meet current and future Service needs and achieve continuous improvements in service delivery.
- Manage and develop self and others to improve personal and team performance and achieve departmental and organisational objectives.
- Manage the efficient and effective use of resources to support activities and to deliver the departmental strategy.
- Responsible for the effective management and timely resolution of people management issues which may include acting as an investigating officer or hearing manager.
- Positively contribute to a safe work environment ensuring compliance with Health and Safety, Risk Management, Business Continuity and Safeguarding policy and procedure. Protect all personal information in adherence with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Any other duties commensurate with the responsibilities and grading of the post
As Assistant Director of Finance could you…
- Provide, setup and develop sound financial systems and processes, ensuring compliance with Reporting Standards?
- Manage, shape and direct the finance team?
- Be responsible for budgeting, reporting on the financial performance to the Group Board and for recommend how efficiencies can be achieved?
- Ensure strong oversight, controls and financial systems are in place?
This is an excellent opportunity which represents an exciting period of growth for this prestigious organisation. They are looking for a vibrant, proactive individual to lead and develop the finance team to ensure solid foundations for further growth. You will have proven experience within Public Sector and be able to make a key impact within the organisation.
- c.£66K per annum
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Continuous training and development opportunities.