MacKenzie King are currently recruiting an Assistant Accountant to join a global business, based in Ipswich, within their Central Accounting team. This is a key role within their Central Accounting team where you will be responsible for maintaining accurate General Ledger accounts, posting journals, and performing reconciliations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely settlement of payments
- Maintenance and control of the general ledgers
- Responsible for general ledger postings and for the production of trial balances
- Ensure general ledger is reconciled on quarterly basis and can be supported by third party evidence
- The production of account reconciliations and confirmations to local finance teams
- Document and maintain standardised departmental processes and procedures
- Assist the local team with audit queries and supporting documents/files
- Key day-to day contact for local team on queries and servicing requirements
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key business contacts
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting requests and queries and finance projects as required
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Problem solving mentality.
- Ability to work well as a part of a team.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Studying towards ACCA/CIMA qualification would be advantageous.
This is a great opportunity to work for a forward thinking, progressive business with an excellent benefits package including a 35 hour working week, a generous pension and an agile working environment.