MacKenzie King are delighted to be recruiting an Assistant Accountant for an innovative, international market leading business, based near Bury St Edmunds. The role is to provide support within the Finance team, and will also be involved in manufacturing costing, capital expenditure appraisals and proposals, project costing, and budget and forecasting cycles. This exciting role will suit someone that is highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workflow around tight deadlines.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts to a high standard and on a timely basis.
- Cost and Revenue analysis, including variances to budget/forecast.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of Fixed Asset register.
- Preparation of month end and other journals, preparing balance sheet reconciliations including accruals and prepayment schedules.
- Tax analysis of cost categories.
- Management of stock reconciliations, including liaison with production team in relation to stocktakes and investigations into variances.
- Providing information for both external, and internal, annual audits and assist as required.
- Suggesting changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and promote cost control.
- To undertake any other tasks as required by the Company Accountant or Finance Director.
- Ensure all policies and procedures in respect of Safety, Health and the Environment are followed thereby providing a safe and secure environment for self, staff, contractors, and visitors.
- Report all hazards, incidents, accidents, and document accordingly following company SHE procedures.
- Raise health and safety concerns to line management in a timely manner.
- Integrate effectively into, and with sensitivity towards, the existing Finance team.
- Maintain effective communications with all relevant company and group departments and external contacts.
- Undertake work outside core hours as may be required from time to time to meet the demands of the business.
- Undertake any personal development and training as required.
- Work as part of a team undertaking any other reasonable ad hoc duties as and when required.
The successful candidate should be a qualified or part-qualified AAT and able to demonstrate equivalent skills and knowledge gained over time. Advanced IT skills, in particular MS Office 365 suite, including Excel, Sharepoint, Teams and previous experience of Sage 200c would be an advantage.
This is a great career opportunity for the right candidate, to have a very positive impact within the finance team. A candidate with experience in Manufacturing and/or Agricultural environment would be desirable, but not essential.