MacKenzie King are currently recruiting an Accounting Assistant to join a global business within their Central Accounting team. This is a key role within their Central Accounting team where you will be responsible for your own portfolio of clients, reporting into the Central Accounting Services Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely settlement of technical payments.
- Maintenance and control of general ledgers.
- Responsible for general ledger postings and for the production of trial balances.
- Ensure general ledger is reconciled on quarterly basis and can be supported by third party evidence.
- The production of account reconciliations and confirmations to local finance teams.
- Document and maintain standardised departmental processes and procedures.
- Assist other teams with audit queries and supporting documents.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key business contacts.
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting requests, queries and finance projects as required.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Problem solving mentality.
- Ability to work well as a part of a team.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Studying towards ACCA/CIMA qualification.
This is a great opportunity to work for a forward thinking, progressive business with an excellent benefits package including a 35 hour working week, a generous pension and an agile working environment.