MacKenzie King are working with a global business, based in Ipswich, to recruit an Accountant on a 12 month fixed term contract. Working in a challenging but very rewarding environment you will be expected to assist with the completion of the monthly financial reporting cycle. As an Accountant this role will provide you with the opportunity to develop and interact with a wide network of contacts, at the same time developing your core technical accounting skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the production of monthly and quarterly reporting packs, analysing the balance sheets and full Profit and Loss Account for a number of companies.
- Assisting in the production of annual and quarterly reporting for Solvency II Pillar 3 (for both SOLO and Group reports) preparing the solvency II balance sheets and other required reports for a number of companies.
- Assisting in the accounting for the Non-Life investment and property portfolios and taxation.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual statutory financial statements for a number of companies.
- Providing financial analysis and explanatory commentary of actual result performance against prior year, plans, and forecasts to Group on a monthly basis.
- Liaising with Group Tax for preparation of the taxation charges for actual results.
- Preparation and submission of data.
- Producing ad hoc financial information, interpretation, analysis, and support to customers, to enable an improved understanding of the information provided.
- Liaising with auditors to assist in external audits.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to production processes to increase efficiency.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Part/Qualified Accountant, or qualification by significant relevant experience.
- Proven track record in accounting with financial or management accounting experience.
- Understanding of company policies, business processes, procedures & systems in the context of wider business plans.
- Working knowledge of SAP an advantage.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Able to manage own workload and achieve own objectives.
This role offers an excellent benefits package including flexible hybrid working and 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.