This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an established Company that is continuing to grow and offers future progression and development. Based in Witham in Essex, our client is looking for an experienced Accountant to join the team. This role is working as a key member of the finance team and responsible for the corporate debtors accounts, including liaising with the business to follow up outstanding debt, investigating open bank receipts, balance sheet reconciliations, coordinating the period close process, bad debt calculation and reporting.
This is an exciting time to join the business as they continue to grow and expand and future progression opportunities are available. You will be financially and commercially aware with strong experience using various systems within an Accounts setting, e.g. Microsoft Excel.
- Production and control review of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Exception reporting and perform checks prior to issuing
- Ensuring timely investigation and resolution of any exception items within Accounts Receivable and bank listing
- Ensuring all month-end and quarter-end deliverables are met
- Attending meetings with managers, colleagues and clients as required
- Preparation and review of bad debt calculation
- Accounts receivable to general ledger reconciliation and review
- Timely approval of invoices
- AAT qualified (or equivalent)
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel user (Vlookups, pivots)
- To be flexible and a good team player
- Ability to work to deadlines
If this is something of interest or you would like to find out more information please do apply ASAP.