Outstanding Purchase Ledger Controller Job Opportunity
If you have lots of experience within Purchase Ledger and Accounts, are immediately available or on short notice and want to work for an outstanding company in Sevenoaks that offer great benefits that include: Flexible working; hours 9-5.00 and Annual Bonus then please read on!
They are looking to appoint someone to the role asap and are looking for someone who is down to earth, who has a positive attitude, who will always ask questions and wants to learn. Its a really friendly team environment and everyone is a good team player.
Duties will include:
- Day to day running of Purchase Ledger using SAP, including loading of all Purchase Ledger invoices onto the system, dealing with queries, and entering validated invoices for payment.
- Approval and reconciliation of Staff expenses and petty cash expenses and other adhoc invoices onto SAP.
- Checking and validating payment run.
- Monthly reconciliations of Supplier Statements to Accounts Payable Ledger to clear queries.
- Monthly analysis, reconciliation and clearing of supplier accounts to ensure accuracy of suppliers.
- Reconcile BACS/Direct Debit proposals and invoices/credit notes processed in the month.
- Close Purchase ledger at month end to ensure Group deadlines are met.
- Responsibility to monitor, correct and inform other departments regarding correct VAT treatment of Purchase Invoices.
- Shared responsible for clearing, maintaining and reconciling GR/IR (Goods receipt/invoice receipt) accounts within SAP on a monthly basis.
- Monthly review of open purchase orders / commitments and review of month end invoices not GR’d to assist the financial accountant with the preparation of accruals (overheads and logistics related costs)
- Responsible for Creditcard receipts, logging them in a spreadsheet, prepare accrual journals and posting in SAP.
- Entering car information required for calculation of VAT Fuel Scale Charge
Key Skills and experience required:
- Education to GCSE level, similar experience in an accounts department
- Ideally Knowledge of SAP in respect of Purchase Ledger but not essential
- Confident and proactive in asking questions when knowledge is limited
- A good knowledge of MS Excel with the ability to set up and validate spread-sheet formulas
- Ideally a theoretical understanding of the balance sheet and P&L and how they interact.
- An understanding of the cut-off principle and its application in periodical reporting [accruals, prepayments, etc…]
- Experience of Purchase Order flows and principles
- An ability to reconcile
This truly is an oustanding opportunity to work for one of the best employers in Kent.