Senior MI/IT/Finance Analyst – Folkestone – Excellent Benefits
- Reporting to the Finance Manager for MI and Analysis, your role will be to support the delivery of high quality, reliable, and definitive management Information to a variety of end users, from call centre operatives to board level. You will need to have in depth insight of the metrics we currently produce and be able to consider how and where we might be able to improve these to provide better quality usable data. You will need to have excellent analytic skills and have the working knowledge of our internal systems and models to be able to make recommendations for improvement. Ideally, you will also have a good understanding of data and data manipulation/modelling using SQL
Review and develop operational MI and analysis platforms and data to ensure that the most relevant and rich data is provided to stakeholders across the business
Undertake regular in depth reviews of operational MI production and systems and make recommendations for improvement, efficiency savings or effectiveness
- Work with other areas of finance to improve existing working practices and reporting packs with a view to increasing automation and minimising the risk of production errors.
- Building high quality reporting and MI platforms that deliver valuable and actionable insights to the business
- Help determine system and MI priorities in line with cost and operational requirements
- Drive recommendations for improvements and change through to implementation
- Ensure data integrity and provide coaching and training to members of the Finance Department and wider business to allow the correct and proper use of the platforms developed.
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis for end-users across the business.
- Responsibility for the timeliness, accuracy and presentation of any operational MI or Reports produced.
- Responsible for analysis of the MI produced, trends identified, root cause analysis undertaken and follow up actions taken to tackle issues.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Marketing, Product, Finance, IT & Change Management,
- Constantly innovate and reinvent own knowledge and understanding of best practice around operational MI production, systems and analysis
- Pro-actively identify emerging risks within the business to ensure business objectives are pursued in a manner, which mitigates apparent risks to the business
- Continually develop, encourage and promote the Saga culture, values and behaviours
- Work alongside Finance Manager in defining and producing required statistical data using SQL where appropriate
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to digest detailed and complex information