Qualified Finance Manager – South Kent
This role will be working for a subsidiary of a large PLC and will have 3 direct reports. They require someone with a minimum of 3 years post qualified experience who has ideally come from a larger company background.
As an overview, you will be responsible for Managing the Financial Control function and will involve the delivery of all relevant statutory and internal reporting requirements, including Financial Statements, Tax and Solvency returns, management accounts as well as acting as the lead point of contact for the External Audit. Personality wise they are looking for a confident and dynamic person who can bring new ideas to the table!
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified, minimum of 3 years post qualification experience within a large organisation.
- Experience of leading the development of balance sheet controls and frameworks.
- The ability to quickly spot control risks within complex systems and companies, and design and implement processes to prevent or mitigate them.
- Experience of managing and motivating a team.
- Strong financial accounting knowledge.
- Able to build excellent working relationships, with both finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Strong IT skills including advance knowledge of Excel. TM1 knowledge would be advantageous.
- Experience of working within a regulated entity would be advantageous.
- Lead the delivery of monthly internal financial reports in order to track the company’s position at each balance sheet date. Manage balance sheet control and reconciliations.
- Continually review and improve the control and process environment.
- Forecast and budget solvency capital requirements.
- Deliver Financial Statements for all relevant legal entities, in line within internal and external requirements.
- Deliver Corporation, VAT and Insurance Premium Tax returns, ensuring all processes and reporting is in line with current tax best practice and guidance.
- Be the technical lead for Financial Accounting. Roll out any change requirements under new or existing IFRS Accounting Standards, including the drafting of accounting papers for internal and external use and the training of staff.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet variance analysis, demonstrating a clear and detailed understanding of variances during review meetings. Champion the appropriate use of analytics in all processes undertaken by the Team.
- Track and manage balance sheet risks and opportunities. Ensure emerging issues are flagged early and solutions are proposed.
- Validation and timely payment of key suppliers.
- Ensure the business and our customers are supported at all times, including the speedy resolution of payment and finance related IT issues. Manage the work required to quickly and efficiently clear all outstanding claims agent queries.
- Implement, monitor and deliver all financial control requirements.
- Responsible for the mentoring and development of 3 staff, provide strong leadership and motivation to both direct reports and other members of the team. Lead by example at all times.
- Develop and maintain a suite of process documents covering the preparation of the monthly management accounts and statutory returns.
- Manage the financial due diligence of the outsourced supply chain, review contracts and underlying commercial risks prior to sign off.
- Point of expertise for all of the Team’s internal customers including Directors, operational managers and other finance teams.
- Manage finance related IT development programmes, bug reporting and testing.
- Identify potential process automation, preparing “changerequests” which recommend changes, without increasing risks.
They offer a great benefits package too!