MI Analyst – Folkestone
This is an exciting new role for an MI Analyst to analyse and report on core MI in order to maximise sales and profitability. Ensuring accurate and timely reporting through liaison with Finance, Commercial and IT departments.
You will provide support and recommendations to the Market Performance teams including production of management information and KPI analysis to update on performance
Responsibility for the creation, production and interpretation of MI reports to the business.
- Accurate and timely core MI reporting
- Consolidation of delivery of key MI around the business into Finance
- Assist the Finance and Market Performance Departments in preparing and presenting results of analysis, incorporation into key business review presentations that highlight key drivers and market trends.
- Work with the Market Performance Department to develop insight that aims to maximise sales and profitability.
- Develop/source, maintain and improve systems/reports for data analysis
- Assist with the implementation of the Data Warehouse Solution in phases to be agreed.
- Various ad-hoc exercises and reports
- Full support given to the MI Team Manager and Finance Manager.
- Other adhoc analysis/projects as and when required.
- Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellence in business analysis
- Ability to present complex data in an easily accessible way exploiting charts and other visual tools
- Ability to think laterally about how data analyses can yield insight
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good IT and software skills including a sound understanding of TAURUS & Microsoft Office programmes (Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and analytical tools (e.g. Business Objects)
- Business Objects report writing desirable but not essential as training will be given in role.
- Education and Qualifications:
- Degree level (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Economics or the ‘hard’ sciences would be advantageous
- Curiosity and drive to understand the meaning locked within data
- Accurate and good attention to detail