Management Accountant – Revenue Assurance
MacKenzie King are delighted to be recruiting a Revenue Assurance Business Analyst for a large, successful organisation in Ipswich. Working within the finance team, reporting directly into the Financial Controller your role is to create, implement and monitor revenue assurance and cost controls to protect the business from avoidable financial losses. Your focus will include working with cross-functional teams (Finance, Operations, Commercial, IT, Risk, Trading) to identify and eliminate revenue leakage to support business requirements to maintain margins as effectively as possible.
Duties are varied to include:
- Facilitate root cause workshops with business subject matter experts and stakeholders to investigate issues and drive revenue leakage resolution.
- Deliver in-depth root cause analysis and identify required improvements to crossfunctional controls framework to protect business from financial loss.
- Undertake complex data analysis using MI tools (VBA, SQL and SSIS) to integrate data from internal systems
- Build, test and maintain robust revenue and cost models and reconciliations designed to enhance controls framework to mitigate risk of revenue leakage.
- Define, implement and monitor new controls to maximise revenue and cost assurance.
- Create analytical bridges between costs and billable/billed revenues.
- Assure industry and other gross margin costs have been reclaimed through billing cycles, where relevant.
- Model, monitor and record completeness of the full billing cycle.
- Model, monitor and report on adjustments to billed revenue and unrecoverable settlement costs.
- Maintain accurate analysis of revenue loss.
- Provide insight and publish cyclical reports on opportunities to diminish revenue leakage or margin erosion.
- Publish cyclical reports on potential billing issues highlighted through reconciliation work.
- Monitor business initiatives and new products to provide assurance to business that operational revenue leakage risks are fully understood and managed.
- Ensure all revenue assurance processes are documented and compliant with industry regulations.
- Support month end reporting processes and deadlines.
- Participation in and support various business improvement projects.
Knowledge and required experience:
- Solid finance/accounting background.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous projects and issues with limited supervision.
- Part qualified accountant or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, Excel, VBA, Access.
- Knowledge of the energy industry.
The organisation offers an excellent working environment and provides a generous benefits package and future progression.