Finance Business Partner
Our client, an internationally successful company based on the outskirts of Colchester, are currently recruiting a Finance Business Partner.
This role will include leading the budgeting and forecasting process, actual cost reporting and investment appraisal and post project reviews. To be successful you must make an active contribution to the leadership team, working on all financial aspects from strategy through to execution.You will focus continuously on saving cost, and will be expected to understand the structure and processes to be effective in their cost leadership role.
Key responsibilities are:
- Leading a small team and actively manage their development and performance to continually improve the provision of finance support to the department
- Financial leadership and input into the Investment Committee reporting on strategic project investments
- Play a key role in the authorisation process for spend and ensure authority levels are appropriate
- Partner effectively with the Leadership Team and challenge all spend appropriately
- Support the Group Operations Director in ensuring commercial contracts are in the best interests of the company and that supplier management is effective from a financial perspective
- Be accountable for financial support through the entire project lifecycle of projects from business case feasibility through to post project reviews
- Proactively manage the finances and ensure all reporting, analysis and commentary is fit for purpose
- Lead the budget and forecasting process
- Accountable for the delivery of accurate and timely monthly management accounts
- Proactively monitor costs against budget /forecast
- Direct and lead all adhoc financial analysis or financial project work
The successful candidate will have strong business partnering and influencing skills, along with people management experience. A proactive and confident approach is essential.