Excellent Credit Control Job Opportunity
If you are an experienced Credit Controller who is looking to work for a superb company that offers an excellent working environment and benefits package then please read on!
Working closely with the Financial Accounts team you will be part of a team of two responsible for all aspects of running the company’s sales ledger. They are ideally looking for someone who has relevant work experience who has an outgoing personality who has strong organisational skills and a good work ethic.
Detailed duties will include:
Sales Ledger/Credit Control
• Entry of cash received onto SAP
• Allocation of cash remittances
• Follow up of customer queries
• Chasing payments to ensure that Group and Company Aged Debtor Days KPI is adhered to
• Reconcile cash received and invoices/credit notes processed to cashbooks and Debtors Control Account for month end
• Closing sales ledger at month end to ensure Group deadlines are met.
• Credit checking new customers for approval by Financial Accountant and Directors.
• Monitoring and checking existing customer credit ratings on a regular basis to ensure limited non payment risk to Company.
• Regular liaison with specific National Account Managers to discuss queries or issues with Customer accounts.
• Liaison with Supply Chain Department for quantity credit note issues, allocation of credit notes, pricing queries and credit notes
• Prepare, reconcile and circulate Aged debt report on a monthly basis
• Assist with preparation of Aged Debt presentation alongside Credit Controller and Financial Accountant
• Actively take part and present on own Customers at monthly Aged Debt meeting (to Senior Account Managers, Sales Director, Finance Director and other key actors)
Customer Contra Accounts
• Responsible for Customer contra accounts (on approx. 50 accounts); reconciling deductions made by customers, obtaining missing paperwork, clearing, allocating and matching of Customer accounts within SAP
• Monthly and ad-hoc liaison with Management Accounts Assistant to check deductions to trade spend accruals to ensure all costs correct accounted for
• Liaise with Purchase Ledger Accountant for month end close deadlines
What they are looking for:
-Educated to GCSE level/equivalent with similar experience working in credit control in a medium sized commercial company
-Experience of handling large retail accounts would be advantageous
-Basic knowledge of computerised accounting systems (SAP an advantage)
-Good knowledge of MS Excel 2010/Word 2010/Powerpoint 2010
Hours are 9-5.00 Monday to Friday with Flexible working
27 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Up to 8% Pension contribution
They are looking to interview asap and appoint someone to the role in December.