Commercial FP&A Manager
MacKenzie King are delighted to be recruiting for a qualified Accountant to join a very highly regarded financial services organisation based in Ipswich as a Commercial Financial Planning and Analysis Manager.
As Commercial FP&A Manager, you will be responsible for managing the planning, reporting and analysis of the commercial business providing a robust planning process against which performance can be measured and reliable decisions can be made. You will also support the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis in the delivery of team objectives and tasks. This role is based in Ipswich although travel to London and occasionally further afield will be required.
The main responsibilities include the following:
• Reporting: Provide monthly reporting performance at an individual KPI level with meaningful commentary; understand and be able to report on the result and provide detailed analysis on the reporting of customers.
• Financial Analysis: Develop and provide constructive and considered analysis of the P&L to be in a position to provide clarity around movements that aids the business to make clear decisions.
• Financial Planning: Work with the Business and Business Partner colleagues to provide a robust Plan against which the result can be accurately measured providing challenge as necessary.
• Flexibility: Have the flexibility to handle differing reporting requirements as they arise in a timely manner demonstrating a clear understanding of the requirement.
• Financial Risks and Controls: Identify, recommend and implement agreed changes to financial processes to reflect business needs and operational requirements. Ensure a tightly controlled environment and ensure accounting is carried out in accordance with Group Policy meeting both internal and external audit requirements.
• Financial Modelling: Lead on the embedding of the new system planning tools.
• Commissions: Understanding of commissions to ensure that the business is being provided with accurate information to make decisions ensuring that there are strong controls in place. Negotiate and influence senior management to ensure profit commission payments are successfully calculated and paid in line with commission agreements. Approve the commission and expense assumptions in the financial evaluations of new deals.
• Leadership: Co-ordinate the delivery of the team objectives, as directed by the Head of FP&A, through the management of direct reports and in conjunction with peers. Provide leadership and development to other team members. Act as a role model by displaying the organisation’s values and behaviours.
The position would suit a CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualified or QBE accountant ideally with experience within an insurance organisation and a financial planning and reporting role. You will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of financial / accounting processes, experience of managing a small team and the ability to communicate with and influence people at senior management level.